Founded by Rafael Aranda, Carme Pigem and Ramon Vilalta in 1988, RCR Arquitectes is based in Olot in Catalonia, Spain. Known for a grounded style that is rooted in and inspired by its local conditions, they were the laureates of the 2017 Pritzker Prize.
We visited Teatro Público La Lira in Ripoll, Pabellón del Baño, Estadio de Atletismo, Park Pedra Tosca, and espai Barberí in Olot.
Final Presentation Outcome
- Addressing the urban dimension in architecture, dealing with high complex situations, regarding the scale and nature of the intervention.
- Developing Urban proposals with the potential of reconfiguring the qualities of the city beyond the limits of the intervention.
- Integrating the architectural, landscape and infrastructural dimension.
- Exercising tools to design large scale architecture with a high level of complexity
- Conceiving and dealing simoultaneously with different architectural scales from the programmer and design dimension to the ability of architecture to reconfigure the cityscape.
- Including mobility and the incidence of infrastructures in the configuration of the space.
- Carles Crosas, Vice-Dean ETSABarcelona
- Manuel Bailo, Professor University of Virgina, EAReus
- Marta Bayona, Professor ETSAB
- Quim Rosell, Professor ETSAB
- Teresa Tourvas, Professor University of Nicosia